We recently circulated our most updated CDN map. This gave us an opportunity to step back and acknowledge how much we have accomplished over the past year. Our CDN has over 18 Tbps of global capacity and features new nodes in India, Brazil and Colombia.
We’ve achieved even more over the last two years. Here are some items you may have missed:
- Over the past 26 months, we’ve invested hundreds of millions to expand our network by 360 percent to over 18 Tbps across five continents.
- Our network coverage continues to grow and now includes in-country nodes in Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador, India, Oman and China. And we plan to add 10 more cities by the end of the year.
- Our Super PoP architecture, which now consists of over 720 Teraflops of computing power, offers one of the best server-to-delivery ratios in the industry.
- We keep our CDN ahead of the competition by refreshing our CDN hardware once every 12 to 18 months. We do this to incorporate the latest advances in technology and to address new caching and acceleration challenges. Our entire network has gone through five generational changes since inception 10 years ago, and we are currently deploying a seventh generation.
- Every day we protect our CDN customers from Layer 3/4 DDoS attacks of all sizes without the slightest interruption to our customer’s service, and without additional charges.
- Last year, we rolled out a powerful cloud-based Web Application Firewall (WAF) with near real-time control and visibility. The WAF can be controlled with APIs allowing you to integrate security as part of your technology stack.
- Speaking of API, our web-based portal, which enables you to control all aspects of your caching and acceleration behavior, can also be managed through APIs.
- Verizon Digital Media Service also provides one of the fastest Domain Name Services (DNS) for enterprises.
- We now offer a DNS Security Extension service to protect your websites from cache poisoning attacks.
- We have one of, if not the best, support services. We resolve 84% of issues proactively and we have a 97 percent customer satisfaction rating for our services. We achieved this by staffing our NOC with engineers empowered with the skills and tools to get things done right the first time.
- In 2015, we streamed over 450 million hours of video with our Video Lifecycle Solution.
- We work closely with Verizon Wireless to optimize performance through Verizon’s mobile network. We receive data from Verizon Wireless and make routing optimizations, utilizing the proper path to reach markets and consumers.
- Our Commerce Acceleration Solution, featuring Verizon TRANSACT, is designed to accelerate dynamic content for online retailers, and is PCI DSS 3.1 Level 1 Service Provider certified. During the busy Black Friday and Cyber Monday last holiday season, we were consistently better performing than leading legacy CDN’s dynamic site acceleration service.
- We can now do live streaming straight from your encoder. We recently introduced the Media Ingest feature that allows HTTP push from an encoder, such as Elemental or Cisco. We support live or linear streams formatted in HLS, HDS or MPeG-Dash.
Keep an eye out for more exciting new developments to come as we expand our network, make it more secure and add more features and capabilties.