Cookies and Similar Technologies
Verizon Media may set or read cookies and device identifiers when you use our brands, websites, apps, advertising services, products, services or technologies (‘Services’) or visit a website, app or service that uses our Services. A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer or device and may contain a device identifier for the purpose of recognising your browser as you interact with websites. Device identifiers may be randomly generated or assembled from available system elements such as IP address, browser version, OS type and version, device type and settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers (such as Apple’s ID for Advertising, Apple’s ID for Vendors, Google’s Android ID or Google's Play Store Ad ID), wireless mobile subscriber ISDN numbers, Verizon Wireless UIDH, public switched telephone network information, mobile network information, or software data. Cookies, device identifiers and similar technologies may be used to support Verizon Media Services, such as applying user preferences, providing more customised experiences, such as personalised content and advertising, and to associate users, devices and accounts with each other or with those in a similar location, such as in a household.
Verizon Media's Practices Regarding Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Access your information when you "sign in" so we can provide you with customized content and experiences, or remember the last page you visited in an Verizon Media Service.
- Information that Verizon Media collects related to your activities and interests is maintained by Verizon Media and is associated with Verizon Media cookies and similar technologies. You can learn more about Verizon Media’s data retention and storage practices here.
- Maintain your settings and authenticate your identity while you are logged in using Verizon Media Services.
- When you log in to your Verizon Media account, a cookie and/or device identifier that links to information about your interests is placed or read on the computer or device you are using. This allows Verizon Media to associate your interests, activities, preferences, and prior Verizon Media use if you log in to your Verizon Media account on or otherwise use multiple devices. This means that your browsing habits or other activity on your work computer, library computer, or other device, can inform your experience on Verizon Media when using your home computer or other devices.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests.
- Verizon Media collects and maintains information about your interests based on your use of the Verizon Media Services, others’ sites, apps, and services within the Verizon Media Network, as well as other non-Verizon Media sites, apps, and services that we partner with. Verizon Media may combine this information with other information that we collect or receive about you.
- Provide analytics and reporting.
- Verizon Media Analytics, Advertising Insights, and Flurry are systems used by Verizon Media to collect information about visitors to Verizon Media's and our customers' sites, apps, products, brands and services to understand how people use those services and respond to the ads we serve.
- Associate your observed interests and activities with your Verizon Media account, and maybe combine this information with other information we have collected about you.
- Conduct research and measure effectiveness to improve Verizon Media’s Services (including by determining which Verizon Media emails you open and act upon).
- To support security measures, such as requiring re-logging into an Verizon Media product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
Other Companies' Cookies on Verizon Media