This page describes Verizon Media's privacy practices with respect to your location information.
Collection of Information
To provide you with more relevant experiences, Verizon Media may collect or derive your location, including:
- Pinpointed Physical Location
If you provide permission through your device, browser, or with Verizon Media directly, Verizon Media may obtain pinpointed physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or mobile phone tower proximity.
- Content you provide
- Verizon Media may collect location information from content you provide including attachments, photos, videos and other information
- Locations You Entered
- Verizon Media may collect locations that you searched for in certain brands, websites, apps, advertising services, products, services or technologies (’Services’) (such as Search and Maps).
- Locations added by you through the Location Settings page are also collected by Verizon Media.
- You may be asked to provide a location such as postal code. Verizon Media may use this information to provide a starting point for location-aware Services.
- IP Address
- Verizon Media may use your IP address to derive information about where your device is generally located. Please refer to IP address for more information.
- The Verizon Family of Companies and Partner Location Information
- Verizon Media may work with selected partners to obtain location information about some of our registered users. For more information, see Appended and Matched Data.
Use of Information
Verizon Media may access, store, and use the location information described above to provide Services such as: enhanced location based services, serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content. Verizon Media may maintain a history of your locations. Refer to the "Managing Your Location Information" section below for more details on your control of this information.
Other uses of location information may include determining the appropriate language for presenting a website, conducting product analysis, and assisting in the detection of fraud and abuse.
Verizon Media may classify your location as a ’Current’ and/or ’Favourite’ location. Visit our Location help page to learn more.
Sharing of Information