Children's Privacy And Family Accounts
We are currently not supporting the creation of new Yahoo Family Accounts. Existing Yahoo Family Accounts will continue to function as normal and follow the practices described on this page.
Information Collection, Use, Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- When your child uses Verizon Media products and services, or how Verizon Media and our partners collect and use personal information about your child. This information may include (but is not limited to) name, gender, birthdate, geolocation information, search queries, mobile device identifier, mobile phone number, alternative email addresses, contacts, contact information (including online contact information), nicknames and aliases, physical address, IP address, other persistent identifiers, and any other information your child may share with us or our partners, such as photos, videos or audio files that contain your child's image or voice.
- Your child may disclose this or other information to us, our partners, or the public when using our and our partners' products and services.
- Our partners are an integral part of our service, and our partners may collect information from your child, as indicated above. Please read our Third Parties Module for more information about these partnerships and information collected by our partners.
- Verizon Media does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
- Verizon Media does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- Your child's account is different than your account. You will need to sign in as your child to review or make changes to their account.
- You entered or reviewed your child's ID and password when you provided your consent for the creation of your child's account. If you have forgotten your child's ID and password or have trouble accessing the account, please use our account recovery tool.
- You may revoke your consent to Verizon Media and our partners' collection, use, and disclosure of your child's personal information at any time, by signing into your child's account and then visiting our Account Deletion page. If you delete your child's account, we will delete existing personal information we have about your child and we will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose further personal information from or about your child. Some site usage data may remain on our logs.
- Click here to learn more about the types of information that may remain after your child's account has been deleted.