Yahoo Fantasy $50K Tourney Pick’Em Official Rules
THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER CLAUSES IN SECTION 10 BELOW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
YOUR ENTRY INTO ANY ASPECT OF THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The Yahoo Fantasy $50K Tourney Pick’em (the “Contest”) is open to individual players who, at the time of entry, are residents of, and physically located in, the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) and who are 21 years or older. You must have a free Yahoo ID in order to be eligible to participate. Refer to the tournament website, located at tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the “Website”) for any additional system requirements. The Contest is void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, military installations, and commonwealths, and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Oath Inc. (“Yahoo” or "Sponsor"), BetMGM, LLC and MGM Resorts International (prize provider) (collectively, “MGM”), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and promotional companies, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Contest, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win.
- About the Contest: The Contest is conducted as an “overlay game” using the tournament brackets Players may create in connection with Yahoo’s separate, free “Yahoo Fantasy Tourney Pick ’Em 2021” game (the "Basic Game"). In the Basic Game, users are invited to create up to ten (10) free tournament brackets (each, a “Basic Game Bracket”) in which they predict the winners of the 63 games (excluding the four "play-in games") comprising the 2021 NCAA Division I Men’s College Basketball Tournament (the “Tournament"). While there are no prizes offered in connection with the Basic Game, users who fully comply with all eligibility and other requirements of these Official Rules may also choose to participate in the Contest by entering one of their ten (10) Basic Game brackets in the Contest for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Players will be awarded points by correctly predicting the game winners as detailed below. The Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) of $10,000 plus a MGM resort vacation package in Las Vegas valued at $10,000 will be awarded to the Player who has accumulated the most points during the Contest as described below, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules.
In addition to these Official Rules, additional rules and guidelines regarding game play and scoring (which are fully incorporated into these Official Rules by reference) are located at https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the "Contest Instructions"). In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and the Contest Instructions, these Official Rules will govern.
Players, based on their skill, knowledge and understanding of Tournament participants, must make their predictions between the conclusion of the announcement of the Tournament participants on March 14, 2021 and before the published tip-off time of the first game on March 19, 2021 (approximately 9:15am PT).
- How To Enter:
- Registration: The Contest “Registration Period” begins on February 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm PT and ends on March 19, 2021 prior to the published tip-off time of the first game (approximately 9:15am PT).
Registration for the Basic Game opens on February 11, 2021. At that time, you may begin creating your Basic Game Brackets if you wish, but you will not be able to populate your Basic Game Brackets with your picks for the 2021 Tournament (your “Picks”) and submit your entries until after the tournament seedings have been announced on March 14, 2021 (the “Seeding Announcement”). The period between the Seeding Announcement and the “Entry Deadline” (defined in Rule 3c below) is referred to in these Official Rules as the "Entry Period."
Registration is available either via the Website, or via the free Yahoo Fantasy mobile application (the “Mobile App”). The Mobile App may be downloaded from https://mobile.yahoo.com/fantasy. A mobile device that is capable of running the Mobile App is referred to in these rules as a “Qualifying Mobile Device.” To register for this Contest, visit the Website on your desktop/laptop computer, or web-enabled mobile device, or open the Mobile App on your Qualifying Mobile Device. Look for the links to the Contest on the Website or within the Mobile App (the portion of the Mobile App devoted to this Contest is referred to in these Official Rules as the “In-App Site”; the Website and In-App Site are collectively referred to in these Official Rules as the “Basic Game Microsites”). Click “Create Bracket.” If you are not an existing Yahoo ID account holder, follow the instructions to register for a free Yahoo ID. Note: If entering on a Qualifying Mobile Device, wireless-service provider’s text and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
- Creating Entries: You may create up to ten (10) Basic Game Brackets in the Basic Game. You may designate ONE (1) of your Basic Game Brackets as your Contest entry (your “Contest Bracket”) for this promotion. You may edit your Picks in your Basic Game Brackets, including the one that you have designated as your Contest Bracket, at any time up until the close of the Entry Period. Similarly, you may select a different Basic Game Bracket to serve as your Contest Bracket during the Entry Period. All selections must be finalized by the close of the Entry Period, after which no further changes will be allowed.
- Filling Out Your Brackets: The team seedings for the 2021 Tournament will be populated within the Basic Game Microsites shortly after the Seeding Announcement. At that time, if you are fully registered for the Contest, and have created your Contest Bracket, you must return to one of the Basic Game Microsites to populate your Contest Bracket with your Picks and submit your Entry Brackets into the Contest as described in Rule 3(b) above. Note that the "play-in" games, scheduled for March 18, 2021, are not included in the brackets, and do not count towards a Player’s scores in this Contest.
You have until sometime prior to the published tip-off time of the first 2021 Tournament game on March 19, 2021 (the “Entry Deadline”) to create your Entry Bracket, complete your Picks, complete the TiebreakerAnswers, and make revisions to your Contest Bracket. The exact Entry Deadline will be posted on the Basic Game Microsites when determined by the Sponsor.
You will also be asked to predict what the final score will be for each team participating in the championship game of the 2021 Tournament (the "Championship Game"). Your prediction for the winning team’s score is referred to as your “Winning Team Score”; your prediction for the losing team’s score is referred to as your “Losing Team Score.” Your Winning Team Score and Losing Team Score are collectively referred to as your “Tiebreaker Answers”. The Tiebreaker Answers are optional but will be used in the event there is a tie between two or more Players for any Prize offered in connection with this Contest; refer to Section 5 below for more information. All registration information, final Contest Bracket selections, Picks, and Tiebreaker Answers must be received by the close of the Entry Period. A user who has submitted the foregoing materials in keeping with the deadlines described in these Official Rules, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a "Player".
In the event that one or more teams participating in the 2021 Tournament change(s) for any reason after the initial Tournament seedings have been posted on the Basic Game Microsites, the Sponsor will update the Basic Game Microsites to reflect the changed team(s), and will make a reasonable attempt to notify participants of the changed bracket(s) by posting a notice of the change(s) on the Basic Game Microsites. At that point, it is the Player’s responsibility, prior to the Entry Deadline, to return to the Website or In-App Site to modify his/her Bracket(s) with new Picks for any game(s) affected by the changed teams. Yahoo will not automatically update any Player’s Picks in order to reflect the change in teams, so unless the user takes action to correct his/her Picks, any previously selected Picks affected by a change in teams may be deemed incorrect.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an entry occurs when Yahoo's servers record your registration information and designated, completed Contest Bracketas described above. As described above, you may modify your Bracket(s), or designate a different Basic Game Bracket as your Contest Bracket, until the close of the Entry Period, at which point your selections become final. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo ID associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Contest), and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID, and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo ID was created, that Yahoo ID will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the next most qualifying Player if time permits, or will remain unawarded. A potential Prize winner may be required to provide Contest Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for each of the credentials described above.
LIMIT ONE (1) CONTEST BRACKET PER PERSON AND PER YAHOO ID. All of a Player’s Basic Game Brackets must be played under the same Yahoo ID. Any attempt by any Player to submit or play more than the maximum permitted number of Basic Game and/or Contest Brackets (e.g. by creating or submitting additional entries from multiple Yahoo IDs) will void all of that Player’s entries and disqualify them from the Contest. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the Player. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming delivery of email or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or Contest submission service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and may be disqualified. Only eligible entries actually received by Contest Entities before the end of the specified Entry Period will be considered for a Prize in this Contest. Unintelligible, incomplete or garbled entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
- Registration: The Contest “Registration Period” begins on February 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm PT and ends on March 19, 2021 prior to the published tip-off time of the first game (approximately 9:15am PT).
- Prizes: Sixty-three (63) games are scheduled to be played in the 2021 Tournament (the "play-in" games which determine the sixty-fourth seed are not counted for purposes of either the Basic Game or this Contest). The result of any game in the 2021 Tournament shall be deemed final based on the results certified by the NCAA prior to the commencement of the immediate next game in the Tournament, unless the NCAA undertakes review of the results of said game, in which case the NCAA’s final decision shall be determinative.
Winners will receive the following, based on the final score of the Tourney Pick’em contest:
Grand Prize: $10,000 plus a Las Vegas getaway (including hotel accommodations) for winner and one (1) guest valued at $10,000
6th to 7th: $250
8th to 10th: $200
11th to 30th: $150
31st to 50th: $100
51st to 100th: $50
101st to 200th: $25
201st to 500th: $15
501st to 1,000th: $10
1,001st to 2,000th: $5
2,001st to 10,400th: $1
The verified player whose single, validly submitted Contest Bracket that: (i) was designated by the Player for participation in the Contest; and (ii) receives the highest score (using Yahoo's Default Scoring formula; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6654.html; referred to in these Rules as the “Default Scoring Formula”) among all valid Contest Brackets properly submitted for participation in the Contest; will win ten thousand dollars ($10,000) and a Las Vegas getaway (including hotel accommodations) for winner and one (1) guest (21 years of age or older) valued at $10,000 (awarded as MGM Resort credits subject to MGM Resorts’ credit-related requirements) (the “Grand Prize”). Total retail value of Grand Prize is $20,000. Cash prize winnings will be available to withdraw from your Yahoo Fantasy Sports Wallet after winners have been confirmed by Sponsor. Available funds will be credited directly into the winner's linked PayPal account, or such other means as Yahoo determines in its sole discretion. Please review the PayPal User Agreement at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full for more information.
Grand Prize does not include air or ground transportation to/from Las Vegas, Nevada. Transportation to/from Las Vegas is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and their guest. Grand Prize Winner must be eligible to have an M life Rewards Program account. Grand Prize Winner will be required to create an M life Rewards account using their primary or preferred email address linked to Yahoo Fantasy Sports in order to receive the prize. See https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-rewards-program/program-rules.html for M life Rewards Program rules and eligibility requirements. Stay must be completed by 6/30/22 on dates approved by prize provider. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Value of prize elements may vary based on, among other things, availability, existing rates at time of booking and dates of travel. The difference in value as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Hotel arrangements are determined by prize provider, in its sole discretion, and must be made through prize provider. Grand Prize Winner will not receive the cash value or be compensated in any manner for any unused MGM Resort credits (i.e., food and beverage credit, spa credit, pool cabana credit, performance entertainment credit, in-room amenities credit, nightlife credit). Such credits can be used at participating MGM Resorts International owned and operated properties, facilities, and locations in Las Vegas (except Aria) for hotel accommodations, food and beverage, nightlife/entertainment (i.e. show tickets), pool cabana rentals, and spa. Resort credits cannot be used for golf, merchandise, gratuities, and gambling. Due to availability and/or other limitations, MGM Resorts International reserves the right to substitute specific types of resort credits for alternate types of resort credit. Grand Prize does not include gratuities, in-room charges, travel expenses, transfers, taxes, bag check fees, air/ground transportation, any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all additional expenses, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Grand Prize Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor and prize provider have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Neither Sponsor nor prize provide will replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Contest Entities are not liable for any expenses as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. The winner of the Grand Prize will be required to present a valid government-issued photo identification and provide a valid major credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Stay must be taken on dates and times approved by Sponsor and prize provider or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to a runner-up if time permits. Sponsor and prize provider reserve the right to change dates. Sponsor and prize provider reserve the right to limit and/or select hotels(s) available for Grand Prize Winner’s stay in their sole and absolute discretion. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be 21 years of age or older and will be required to sign and return to Sponsor a Travel Release form prior to visiting Las Vegas, by a deadline to be determined by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Grand Prize Winner and their guest must comply with facilities’/venues’ rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize element. All prize details are at Sponsor's and prize provider’s sole discretion. Once a Grand Prize Winner’s guest is selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's and prize provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any trip prize-related services or accommodations. Contest Entities are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. In the event the prize winner (and/or their guest) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and prize provider reserve the right to terminate the stay or other applicable experience early.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions for the Las Vegas getaway portion of the Grand Prize except in Sponsor’s and prize provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor and prize provider reserve the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater retail value in its sole and absolute discretion. Specifics of all prizes are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and prize provider. The winner of a prize is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). Sponsor makes no warranties, express or implied, relative to the use or enjoyment of a prize or portions thereof, including without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Ties: A “Tie” occurs when the validly submitted Contest Brackets of two or more verified eligible Players each receive the same score (using Yahoo’s Default scoring formula) among the Contest Brackets of all verified Players designated for participation in the Contest. Should one of these scenarios occur, Sponsor will attempt to break the Tie by awarding the affected Prize, among those tied:
(a) to the Player whose Tiebreaker Answers (on his/her tied Contest Bracket), when combined, are closest to the actual total combined score of the Championship Game of the 2021 Tournament (i.e. the sum of the total number of points scored by the winning team plus the total number of points scored by the losing team);
(b) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Player (among those still tied) whose Winning Team Score on his/her tied Contest Bracket is closest to the actual score of the winning team in the Championship Game; and
(c) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Player (among those still tied) whose Losing Team Score on his/her tied Entry Bracket is closest to the actual score of the losing team in the Championship Game.
(d) in the event there is still a tie after the above tie-breaker methods have been utilized, the Player who submitted their Contest Bracket first during the Entry Period (regardless of whether Player made changes to their Contest Bracket after the initial submission) will be deemed the winner. Yahoo’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All decisions regarding tiebreakers are at Yahoo’s sole discretion.
In the event a Player involved in a Tie failed to submit Tiebreaker Answers in connection with their Contest Bracket, that Player will automatically be deemed to have forfeited the tiebreaker, and the Prize will be awarded to the other Player involved in the tie (or, in the event more than two Players tied and a Tiebreaker is still needed, the Prize will be awarded via the Tiebreaker method(s) described above.).
- Winner Notification: PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR CONTEST BRACKET IS LISTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THIS CONTEST, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. A POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY CONTEST ENTITIES, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE A PLAYER WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
Potential winners will be notified within approximately 30 days after selection date via email. The Grand Prize Winner and any winners of prizes valued at $600 or more may be required to fully complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"), together with any additional information (such as W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number), that may be required by Contest Entities. The information provided in potential winner's Affidavit/Release must be correct, complete, and mirror the information provided in winner's registration information or potential winner will be disqualified. Except where prohibited by law, potential winners must complete and return all such required documents by the deadline specified by Sponsor or Prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required documentation or provide other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner forfeits the prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner if time permits, or will remain unawarded. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the Prize for tax purposes.
- Release: By participating in the Contest, Players agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, illness, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Player’s participation in the Contest or receipt and/or use of any prize(s). Player further agrees that in any cause of action, Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Player waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Basic Game, the Contest, or the 2021 Tournament, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Basic Game or the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, Players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Basic Game Microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Contest). Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Basic Game, the Contest, or any of their respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Basic Game or this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Basic Game, this Contest, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award Prize(s) only within that portion of the Player group not affected by the disruption, if any. In addition, should the 2021 Tournament be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award one or more of the promoted prizes at the time the 2021 Tournament is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without awarding some or all of the promoted prizes. Contest dates are subject to change as a result of any changes made to the dates of the 2021 Tournament.
- Disputes: BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE. YOU AND SPONSOR BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES OR CLAIMS THAT IN ANY WAY ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THESE TERMS OR FROM ANY SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM US (OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH SERVICES), INCLUDING ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (“DISPUTE(S)”), ONLY BY ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, ARBITRATION OR A SMALL CLAIMS ACTION WILL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MEANS OF RESOLVING ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN COURT OR IN FRONT OF A JURY (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT), AND THAT YOU AND SPONSOR ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO PROCEED WITH ANY CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. We also both agree that:
- Notice of Dispute. If either you or Sponsor intends to arbitrate under these Terms, the party seeking arbitration must first notify the other party of the Dispute in writing at least 30 days in advance of initiating the arbitration. Notice to Sponsor should be sent to Sponsor either by mail to Verizon Media, Attn: Disputes, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089; or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice to you will be to your email address(es) and street address(es), if any, that Sponsor has in its records at the time the notice is sent. The notice must describe the nature of the claim and the relief being sought. If we are unable to resolve the Dispute within 30 days, either party may then file a claim for arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedure. The Federal Arbitration Act applies to these Terms. Except for small claims court cases, any and all Disputes will be resolved by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), which will apply the AAA's Consumer Arbitration Rules (excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions). You can get additional information from the AAA (www.adr.org). These Terms govern to the extent they conflict with the AAA’s Rules.
- Small Claims Court Option. As an alternative to arbitration, you may bring an individual action in small claims court in your county of residence or Santa Clara County, California provided that your Dispute meets the requirements of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Location. Unless you and Sponsor agree otherwise, the arbitration must take place, or the small claims action must be filed, in the county of your primary residence or Santa Clara County, California.
- Arbitration Fees and Expenses. We will reimburse any filing fee that the AAA charges you for arbitration of the Dispute. If you provide us with signed written notice that you cannot pay the filing fee, we will pay the fee directly to the AAA. If the arbitration proceeds, we will also pay any administrative and arbitrator fees charged later.
- Severability. If any part of this agreement to arbitrate is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the court will reform the agreement to the extent necessary to cure the unenforceable part(s), and the parties will arbitrate their Dispute(s) without reference to or reliance upon the unenforceable part(s). However, if for any reason the Class Action Waiver set forth below cannot be enforced as to some or all of the Dispute, then the agreement to arbitrate will not apply to that Dispute or portion thereof, but the remainder of the agreement to arbitrate will be binding and enforceable. The parties do not agree to class arbitration or to the arbitration of any claims brought on behalf of others.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THESE TERMS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS, EVEN IF THE AAA PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE THE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. ARBITRATION OR COURT PROCEEDINGS HELD UNDER THESE TERMS CANNOT BE BROUGHT, MAINTAINED OR RESOLVED ON BEHALF OF OR BY A CLASS, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. IN ADDITION, INDIVIDUAL PROCEEDINGS CANNOT BE COMBINED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF ALL OF THE PARTIES. ANY QUESTION REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE DECIDED BY A COURT AND NOT THE ARBITRATOR.
JURY TRIAL WAIVER. IF FOR ANY REASON A DISPUTE PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND SPONSOR UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, THIS PARAGRAPH MAY BE FILED TO SHOW A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
Choice of Law. These Terms and the relationship between the parties, including any claim or dispute that might arise between the parties, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. In no event will the parties bring claims against one another under the laws of another jurisdiction.
Forum. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, all such Disputes (regardless of theory) arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the relationship between you and Sponsor, will be brought exclusively in the courts located in the county of New York, New York or the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. In such cases, you and Sponsor agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York or the Southern District of New York, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Winner’s List: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained following winner selection and confirmation by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo Fantasy 2021 Tourney Pick’em Winner, c/o Yahoo Fantasy, 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by April 30, 2021.
- Sponsor: Oath Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
© 2021 Verizon Media. All rights reserved.
NCAA, FINAL FOUR, SWEET SIXTEEN, and ELITE EIGHT are the trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Neither Yahoo nor this site is endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association or the March Madness Athletic Association.